Article by Ayesha
Home Siding Alternatives – Home
Search by Author, Title or Content
Article ContentAuthor NameArticle Title
The right choice for ST. LOUIS residents
SUMMARYHome Siding Alternatives are discussed and where the facts are carefully analyzed investments in high-quality, durable connection is a logical conclusion.
BACKGROUNDMany homeowners in metropolitan St. Louis faced with a difficult and costly repair and improvement from outside their home. This is because one or more of the following:
Weathering high maintenance less than the original products poor initial installation
To maintain or improve the value of their home, sooner or later a decision for the repair and / or upgrade must be performed. Normally, only the delay cost increases. According to the analysis of national trends, homeowners experts today expect quality products, low maintenance and high value. Unlike indoor treatments (painting room / wallpaper, floors, etc.) that are updated every few years, exterior trim components and in particular is (hopefully) permanent. There are several alternatives, walls, and select the wrong product and / or poor installation can be expensive and disappointing.
There are a variety of finish options – a short list below.
– Stone / Stone: This is a very strong and, although expensive, is a good choice for new construction. Due to the high cost and problems of integration narrow, its application to the DIY market is limited at best. There have been several attempts to develop low cost, “synthetic”, many of which have been successful.
– Wood: wood-products have been experiencing a coating material of the early centuries. Wood has proven to be durable and long lasting. E ‘available in red or white cedar, pine, fir, cypress and Douglas fir. But quality of the wood panels was very expensive and often maintenance requirements for owners of today, popular appeal and has reduced its value. Many Cedar Homes face end 20 Century, built in the deterioration of the weather conditions experienced pop (for example, deformation), and nails. In addition, it supports the moisture / mold and is vulnerable to attack by insects, woodpeckers and squirrels.
– Fibreboard (or box), even if it is properly installed and maintained well, it is difficult to recommend. National does not siding panels on thousands of homes that were built in the 80 and 90. The result was the most class action cases, which have become expensive for producers. In recent years the market for connecting panels has been significantly reduced.
– Aluminum: It ‘was a popular siding used in 50 and 60, and a variety of reasons for his request to re-house coating decreased significantly.
– Stucco and Synthetic Stucco: Stucco is a valuable material for southern climates and is very popular in Florida. Material costs are relatively low, but installation costs can be expensive. Performances are usually in some areas of the United States, frequent freezing temperatures are low. Synthetic filler (polymer / cement mixtures) had serious problems and can be a problem due to rot framing capacity of moisture retention.
– Vinyl: Vinyl National is perhaps the most widely used product for recycling and siding from homes is ubiquitous in the market for new homes. Vinyl is polyvinyl chloride in a variety of properties process quality control (some products have plastics recycling vinyl and other impurities in their preparation) without. There is a bewildering variety of species and varieties (ie varieties of high quality). Graduate low cost (and also some notes of high costs) is full of problems:
Discoloration Coefficient of contraction / expansion thickness reduces the sensitivity to wind and hail susceptible to the fungus / mold require regular washing power Sensitivity to vibrations (for example, an object thrown from a lawnmower) Fusion and toxicity when heated (accidental fire or heat a grill) It may be unpleasant in a few years Repairs can be difficult and expensive
Even those who use premium grades of foam backing, to retain moisture, causing rot to develop. In general, a poor vinyl, long-term value and what is conceived in a cost-benefit ratio Remodel magazine. The cost may be lower, but on the road, for the reasons mentioned above, residents may be required. Typically, owners who side with vinyl on the floor of the original search for cheap ways to improve the appearance and at the same time improving the insulation of their homes. In particular, the guidance of rotten wood siding panels or expensive problems and is not recommended. Often the guarantees contained many warnings. Vinyl does not appear in the wood (although there are some new products that are similar).
– In cement: fiber-cement is made of Portland cement and other materials produced in the process owners. The mixture of fibers of wet cement boards fitting overlapping horizontal, herpes zoster or other trained forms. After training is dried and cured with superheated steam under pressure – so that the resulting product has a moisture content of very low. To quote Paul Fisette (Univ of Massachusetts, 1997): “Fiber-cement has a unique charm: If you’ve installed it, it lasts forever …. there is a very long time on the fiber-cement material because the damp. strong and stable, the voltage can not be installed under the coating, as expected on wood products. “
Paint manufacturers to demonstrate their products for long periods of time when applied to the fiber-cement. Nail popping and bumps are not problems with the fiber-cement. In addition to the variety of forms, the surface may be smooth or the appearance of a variety of wood. But attention is alerted by the installation of fiber cement and crafts is a must. In fact, similar to the installation of wooden panels, but with care and skill is required. It is difficult to cut and not as light as wood. The experience should be an important factor in choosing an installer of fiber cement. If installed according to specifications, is a really good product and long-lasting and relatively trouble-free. For most applications, fiber cement is a viable alternative.
Our professional 2003 study found that fiber-cement junction, James Hardie has been rebuilt as connecting fiber cement, the connection for almost every preference. James Hardie manufactures this product and the longer they have carried out extensive research to arrive at a great, pre-coated product. Our experience over the last 7 years has confirmed this assertion.
About the Author
Get to know more on Pressure WashingSt.Charles Mo .
Use and distribution of this article is subject to our Publisher Guidelines
whereby the original author’s information and copyright must be included.